5/21/2011

Azodyl, 60 Capsules


Azodyl, 60 Capsules




Description:

New hope for compromised kidneys through targeted use of beneficial bacteria. Introducing Azodyl, breakthrough bacterial product for the reduction of azotemia in dogs and cats. Refrigerated item, requires overnight shipping.
Customer review:

No.1 I did a lot of research on prices for Azodyl. My 11 year old lab retriever was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure and her vet prescribed Azodyl (3x a day). At the vet's price of $60 for 60 caps, I researched the Internet. Every pet supply website had fairly decent pricing but shipping ranged from $15-$20. I purchased two 60 cap for $51.78 plus 4.95 shipping from discountpetsupplies via Amazon. They were packed with cold packs and were cool when they arrived in just a few days. I definitely will buy from this seller again! Also, my lab is doing very well - more active and playful than she has been in months. She is also on Science Diet prescription k/d dog food.
No.2 I have been giving my 9 yr old cat Azodyl for about 8 months now. He has had CRF for about 3 1/2 yrs and I have been feeding him Royal Canin or Hill's K/D Rx food, giving him Pepcid A/C once a day (1/2 tab) and vitamin paste every couple of days. About every 5 months, he would go down and not want to eat and taking him to the vet and giving him sub-Q fluids was the only way to get back on track. Finally, 8 months ago, even this was not working. Every few months I would conduct a web research to see if anything new was available for CRf and this time around I came upon Azodyl and Epakitin - I shared my research with my vet, he reviewed my cat's recent blood workup and suggested that since his Calicum levels were ok, that Epakitin might not be beneficial but that Azodyl - being a probiotic would not hurt. I purchased a bottle and received it within two days (using 2-3 day delivery) and it arrived cold - I used Entirely Pets but it appears several of the online pet stores follow the same shipping protocol and send this item packed with cold packs in an insulated aluminum bag and box. Within a few days, he was eating again - Hill's K/D. My cat was down to 7-3/4 pounds (medium sized cat) and over the next couple of weeks I purchased a 3 month supply. Within about 2 or 3 months, his weight was back to about 10 pounds. He looks good, his fur is shiny, he is back to being playful and is in marvelous shape. It literally is a miracle cure.

I have a couple of suggestions. I give him the Azodyl, first thing in the morning and another at about 5PM. For the morning feeding, I clean his bowl carefully (no soap residue) and ensure he eats before I administer the pill. I want to ensure that he is not going to throw up (he still does but about every 5 to 6 days vs. every day or every other - and alot less now). And to ensure he has a little saliva from the recent eating to allow the pill to go down smoother. I administer the Pepcid later in the evening and I also try to get him to eat before bedtime. I also have a waterer and I keep it refreshed with clean water a couple times a day. And I also give him some tartar treats (only about two) and one other treat that has Omegas (from Trader Joes) - only 2 a day also.

I also am finding that a 3 month supply might be too long - it appears the 3rd bottle starts to go bad as he starts to not want to eat, I have reordered at the 2-1/2 month mark, I get the Azodyl and within a couple of days he is right back on track. Not sure if I need to keep my fridge a bit cooler but otherwise, this Azodyl is wonderful stuff, hope this helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment