5/22/2011

Diatomaceous Earth 12oz Shaker


Diatomaceous Earth 12oz Shaker




Description:
D.E. (Diatomaceous Earth) is a non-toxic, safe substance made up from fossils of freshwater organisms and crushed to a fine powder. The powder particles resemble bits of broken glass when observed thru a microscope. Deadly to any insect or larvae, D.E. scratches the insect's waxy outer shell causing death by dehydration. D.E is completely harmless to all animals, fish, birds or in food. This makes D.E. (Diatomaceous Earth) an excellent natural topical dusting powder for animals with fleas, ticks, lice and other external pests. D.E. (Diatomaceous Earth) can also be used as a oral nutritional supplement in feed or fed straight during parasite season for animals with skin and coat needs associated with internal parasites.
Customer review:
My first attempt at a container garden. I raised the plants from seeds (which I have never done before) and they grew!! So you can imagine my heart-break when I put them out only to find them almost gone overnight :( Peppers, broccoli and my beans too, almost all gone.... It wasn't until I caught them (the pests) in the act did I know what was eating my plants. The varmints were what looked like snails but no shells. I read about this stuff and tried it on the dirt of the plants being eaten..... It worked, it really worked. The plants started growing new growth and are doing fantastic now. It can't hurt for you to try it. Not sure what other pests it works on, but it worked on the slugs and worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment